Monday 22 March 2010

Is This It?

We all have those friends in life who after a while we drift away from, its not that you've fallen out but just you go one way and they the other. You often bump into these people from time to time and intend to meet up yet it never happens, this happened to me last week in a centra. The person in question was Jay-Z, not actually the man himself but he was playing on the radio and I overheard his latest creation Young Forever, an up-to-date version of that classic Forever Young, you see what he did with the title there! Anyway over the last number of years I havent got round to listening to his last few efforts like the American Gangster album or the Blueprint 3, from which Young Forever is taken. I have to admit after having a very good relationship with Mr Carter, Jigga, Hova or whatever he wants to call himself (the man has more names than a Brazilian footballer) it soured after his duet with Linkin Park, I shuddered after they remixed Encore one of my favourite songs from the Black Album and others which I wont name *cue tear rolling down face*. This collaboration really tested me but I got through it and decided that we all have our crosses to bear, we all make mistakes. So I walked about the centra and couldn't really hear it so I ended up hovering over a speaker on the roof which was just above some beans so it was a) a perfect cover to listen to said song and b) they actually had a really good deal on. To sum up I wasn't too happy and so it has brought me to this grave decision... After many years and some great albums the relationship I have had might be coming to an end, ive decided to give the Blueprint 3 a good go and hopefully my faith will be restored and all will be forgiven. First strike Linkin Park, strike two Young Forever, third strike Blueprint 3?

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment