Wednesday 24 February 2010

Oh Zooey, where art thou?


So, it's been a long time since She & Him's wonderful 'Volume One' graced my ears. Almost 2 years exactly in fact. Since then I have become 'almost' (anymore would be not only stakerish but also weird) obsessed with Zooey in the general press. It's not just because a framed picture of her overlooks me while I sleep, but generally due to her prowess both with her acting and beautiful voice. When I first saw her in 'Almost Famous' (Cameron Crowe's superb depecition of groupies, music, youth and journalism in the 1970's) as the older sister of main star William, she simply stood out to me even with her minor role. Her musical knowledge, along with caring presence, made her seem like the type of person you would want round in your life. The film, in fact, stays a firm favourite of mine to this day.

Anyway, so I have been waiting, and searching, to find 'Volume Two' on the web for a sneak preview listen to see what She & Him have to offer again. Not being a huge fan of M. Ward on his solo attempts, his music seems to complement the vocals of Zooey so well. Whilst trying not to listen to any singles before an album is out, I did take a sneak at 'In the Sun', the first track released from the new album. I was not disappointed. It seems the twosome have picked up where they left off and I am genuinely excited about the new release. As soon as it is out, I will get a review out. Although ultimately feeling it might be somewhat biased.

To listen to some of their material, have a look here: MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment