Thursday 25 February 2010

The Field - 'From Here We Go Sublime' (2007)


  1. Over the Ice
  2. A Paw In My Face
  3. The Little Heart Beats So Fast
  4. Everday
  5. Silent
  6. The Deal
  7. Sun and Ice
  8. Mobilia
  9. From Here We Go Sublime

I thought id give a quick nod in the direction of the Field's cracking first album, From Here We Go Sublime. Due to the laptop possibly being on its last legs I havent had a chance to get anything new but ive been able to get a few from my co-blogger and so far its looking good, more on that later.

Anyway I was brought to the attention of the Field from Lem while I was furiously getting a Belfast history essay completed, seeing the fumes coming out of my ears he suggested some light entertainment in the form of the Swedish dj's lovely techo tunes. First off I took straight to it, the opening track 'Over the Ice' hit home and wouldnt go amiss in the Hackers soundtrack, next up 'A Paw in my Face' ends with a Lionel Richie hook which was appreciated as the L'meister is my 80's guilty pleasure artist. On another note this first listen brought me and the aforemention Lem to see the Field at last years electric picnic, we managed to get in on time (after I was offered some MDMA from a mild mannered southerner) and first heard the yelps from the computererised voice on 'Over the Ice', for several moments we were transported to Cream in Ibiza and I could see the words Tunnneee held up by some raver with the sterotypical smiley face t-shirt on. All in all Sublime is one of those albums which suits any condition, walking on a cold winters morning to get a big mug of coffee or with the top down in your Clio in the middle of July on the way to the beach (or Newcastle). A big thumbs up from this direction, keep up the good work. Ps im looking forward to getting my ears round the second album which features John Stanier the drummer from Battles.
Check out the Field at his myspace, www.myspace.com/thefieldsthlm

As I said earlier the laptop is on the mend so hopefully next time ill have a quick mention about Four Tet's latest, There is Love in You which is superb on first listen and Local Natives, Gorilla Manor, ive only got round to listening to the first track Wide Eyes and im impressed, hopefully the rest can match up to the good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment